LED SuperFlower 3.0 Grow Box
The LED SuperFlower 3.0 grow box is a single chamber grow box that comes equipped with a highly powerful and very efficient LED grow light from KIND. Full review of the Kind L450 lights power rating in this article.
Buy LED Grow Lights today
These are trusted partners to delivery Best LED Grow Lights worldwide.
*** SuperCloset – Super Flower LED – spot on grow help and pricing
*** Dealzer – Try the Super Locker, not LED but a good comparison – Best prices on full kits!
The cabinet itself is sturdily built and super stealthy with quiet components and twin, oversized carbon filters that work together to keep your grow op discreet and private. It features an award winning SuperPonics grow system that is extremely effective and performs better than any single hydroponics system or soil.
The LED SuperFlower has all the great features that you would expect and is backed up by a 3 year warranty and a lifetime of help and technical support.
Why the LED SuperFlower 3.0 Grow Box?
- Measures a spacious 36” X 24” X 72”;
- High performance 12 band LED grow light from KIND. See our review of the lights below.
- Powerful LED grow light should produce more yield per Watt than standard HID systems;
- Features top quality components throughout;
- Large single compartment;
- Enough space for 16 large flowering plants;
- Guaranteed odor proof and light tight;
- Quiet operation;
- 3 year warranty with SuperCloset;
- Lifetime of full technical support;
- Built in California by hydroponics experts.
Build Quality, Size, Yield and Security
- Sturdy, 18 gauge steel cabinet measures 36”W X 24”D X 72”H;
- Weight: 180lbs;
- Powdered ‘Infracool’ finish keeps the exterior of the cabinet cool to the touch;
- Enough space to flower 16 plants up to 5’ tall;
- Removable reflective panels allow for better cleaning and the prevention of mold and other problems;
- Triple point reinforced lockable door keeps your set up safe and secure.
Lights, Ballasts, Control and Power
- No ballast required with LEDs.
- The SuperFlower 3.0 LED grow box is equipped with a KIND K3 Series L450 LED grow light;
- K Series KIND L450 grow light performs the same as a 450W HPS. See our notes below of the LED lights and also read our reviews before buying grow LEDs.
- 8 modules with 15 diodes per module makes a total of 120 high powered 3W diodes. This does not equate to 360 Watts of power, actual draw will be around 50% of that – see our math below.
- Proprietary designed 12 band spectrum works in harmony with your plants’ photosynthetic requirements;
- Much more economical that HIDs – bulbs rated for 50,000 hours of use;
- Non dimmable diodes run at 700mA, more powerful than lower end units;
- Recommended footprint for optimum performance – 3′ x 4′;
- Unit size – 20” X 15” X 3”
- Heavy duty 2 CM aluminum circuit boards, combined with efficient large fans, dissipate heat effectively. Still use internal fan though;
- “Secondary Optical Lens” magnifies PAR values and increases light penetration through the plant canopy, increasing “under canopy” production;
- 3 year warranty;
- As well as the powerful L450 grow light, the SuperFLower 3.0 LED grow box also contains 2 X 24W T5 supplementary side lights. These lights will improve vigor and increase yields.
LED Grow Lights
Before investing in any LED lighting systems you should take some time to do some research. Check out the following articles:
Some of the information from KIND is difficult to follow but our calculations are:
Both offers use the K3 L450; 15 X 3Watt LEDs in each section, then there are eight sections = 120 LEDs in total.
One respected commentator (with a PhD) who wanted to remain anonymous stated:
“LEDs are typically quite low voltage devices operating at forward (V) voltages of 2 to 2.8 as shown at the bottom of page two on this PDF and IF (Forward current = 0.7A – 700 mA). (The letter I stands for current in Amps in electrical calculations) Power P = VI.”
“There are so many conflicting statements in what Fullbloom and SuperCloset have stated and in the KIND LED video I don’t know where to start. Take the above data (assume VF = 2.25 V) as Kind say and IF = 700mA (so power = V*I =2.25*0.7 = 1.575 Watts per LED) and go from there. e.g. 120 LEDs = 120*1.575 = 189 Watts.”
Bottom-line – We believe these K3 L450 Kind Grow Lights run at actual/true draw of 189 Watts.
They talk about 3W type LEDs (like the specs above) but they’re clearly not operating them at that level, no one does, as it limits the life expectancy of the LEDs. More on LED grow lights.
Air Movement, Air Filtration, Heat and Odor Control
- The LED SuperFlower 3.0 grow box uses two large, industrial strength carbon filters to remove all odors from the exhaust, the exterior of the cabinet is guaranteed to remain odor free;
- The carbon filters are powered by dual extractor fans that provide a combined total of 220CFM of airflow. This not only eliminates odors, it provides lots of fresh air for your plants;
- Fans run quietly to keep the noise of your grow box to a minimum;
- Air intakes are filtered to keep bugs, spores and pests out;
- Internal air circulation is important to keep your plants healthy and strong. The LED SuperFLower 3.0 features a powerful, dual speed, 4.5” internal circulation fan. The fan has fully adjustable height and tilt. It also features adjustable speed (either 100CFM or 160CFM).
Hydroponic system – How does it work?
The LED SuperFlower 3.0 is a single chamber grow box. Flowering and vegetation must all be carried out in the same space. The 12 band LED grow light makes this easier than with HID systems as there are no bulbs to change when transitioning between veg and flower.
At the heart of this growing system is the famous SuperPonics 16 site hydro system. SuperPonics uses a combination of hydroponic methods to get the best out of the space you have. By combining hydroponic methods, SuperPonics can result in yields up to 200% greater than single hydroponic systems, and 500% greater than soil systems.
- Combines top feed, deep water culture (DWC) and Bubbleponics;
- UV stable 15 gallon reservoir and lid;
- Quiet and efficient dual outlet Eco 2 air pump runs at 4W and provides 4.5 liters of air per minute;
- Eco-185 water pump operates quietly and circulates up to 185 gallons of nutrient solution per hour;
- Easy change valve system makes changing your nutrient mix hassle free;
- 3” net pots for support;
- Clay grow rock growing medium.
Nutrients and Extras
TechnaFlora Recipe for Success Nutrient Starter Kit – A selection of high quality hydroponic nutrients to get you started. This kit includes all the nutrients and supplements you might need for your first crop. Basic Bloom, Boost and Grow nutrients, plus a range of additives and supplements:
- Nutrient Feeding Chart;
- B.C. Bloom – 500ml;
- B.C. Boost – 500ml;
- B.C. Grow – 500ml;
- Thrive Alive B-1 Red – 125ml;
- Thrive Alive B-1 Green – 125ml;
- Awesome Blossoms – 125ml;
- MagiCal – 125ml;
- SugarDaddy – 250ml;
- ROOT 66 – 250ml;
- Rootech Cloning Gel.
TDS meter – TDS stands for Total Dissolved Solids and this is how you measure the concentration of your nutrient solution. Stay in the driving seat with this easy to use, hand held TDS meter.
General Hydroponics pH control kit – The pH level of your nutrient solution is crucial to how well your plants take in feed. Keep your pH levels in the optimum zone with this pH control kit from General Hydroponics. Adjustment is simple with the use of either pH Up or pH Down.
Digital thermometer and hygrometer – Controlling temperature and humidity is important for effective plant growth. You can monitor these levels easily with this digital thermometer/hygrometer. Features min/max function, clock, alarm and waterproof thermometer probe.
Analog timer – The use of sturdy and reliable timers is a crucial aspect of indoor hydroponic growth.
GFCI Shockbuster –Stay safe with this GFCI Shock Buster. This essential piece of safety equipment will cut off all power to the cabinet should any of the electricals come into contact with water.
Dutch Master Cloning Gel – Take perfect clones with this 100% natural cloning gel from Dutch Master. All you need to do is dip your freshly cut clones in the gel and leave them to stand for around 30 minutes for first class results.
Easy to follow instructions and DVD – Sometimes the stuff you read from the manufacturers makes hydroponics sound way too easy. That’s because it is! Take a while to sit and watch this instructional DVD before you start out to have it all explained to you in easy to understand language.
The LED SuperFlower Grow Box comes with a no hassle three year warranty on all components except the light bulb. This cast iron guarantee gives you confidence and peace of mind.
Don’t forget the lifetime of technical support that is available to you too. Simply phone or e-mail the company with any issues and get full support and back up from hydroponic plant growing experts.
With the LED SuperFlower grow box you will receive everything that you need to complete your first grow successfully. If you would like to enhance your growing experience by upgrading some of the components you can choose from the following optional upgrades.
Technaflora Nutrient Super Pack
The nutrients that you require are consumables and you will get through some of them quickly as you start to produce bigger and better yields. Stock up on the main ones that you need with this nutrient upgrade pack from Technaflora. Pack includes:
- 2x B.C. Bloom – 1 Liter Bottles;
- 3x B.C. Boost – 1 Liter Bottles;
- 1x B.C. Grow – 1 Liter Bottle;
- 1x Awesome Blossoms – 1 Liter Bottle;
- 2x SugarDaddy – 1 Liter Bottles;
- 1x Thrive Alive Red – 500ml Bottle;
- 1x MagiCal – 1 Liter Bottle.
Professional CO2 Kit
Adding extra CO2 to your growing environment is a sure fire way to increase the size of your wonderfully sticky buds. This Professional CO2 Kit includes:
- Solenoid valve;
- Flow meter;
- Injection tubing;
- Setup instructions.
24-7 Nutrient Monitor
This great piece of equipment from Control Wizard Products will give you a constant readout for temperature, PPM and pH levels, 24/7. The large and easy to read display will save you the hassle of having to continually take readings.
Total Germination Package
Good seed germination success rates come with practice and experience. They also come from investing in this Total Germination Package which contains everything you need to create the perfect germination environment. Kit includes:
- Seedling Tray
- Humidity Dome
- Heat Mat with adjustable thermostat
- Rock Wool cube medium
Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
Hydroponics is all about water. Make sure that your water is of the best quality with this effective piece of equipment, especially if you live in a location with poor water quality.
This Reverse Osmosis water filter can provide up to 200 gallons of highly purified, ultra low PPM water every day. Removes 99%+ of chlorine and other contaminants.
Reverse Osmosis Water Filter includes:
- 4-Stage reverse osmosis unit;
- 2 reverse osmosis membranes;
- Carbon filter;
- Cleanable sediment filter;
- Automatic shut-off cartridge;
- Wall mountable metal bracket;
- Garden hose connector;
- Inline shut-off (8ft.);
- Drain line (5ft.);
- Inlet line;
- Filter wrench;
- Unit weighs 9.8 lbs. and measures 16.5″ x 14″.
*** Dealzer – Try the Super Locker, not LED but a good comparison – Best prices on full kits!
*** SuperCloset – Fantastic service and spot on grow help and pricing for Super Flower 3.0
What people saying about the LED SuperFlower 3.0 Grow Box
“LED is the bomb! My plants are bigger and better and my utility bills are down!”
“Brilliant grow box. Would be better if it had space for cloning and veg at the same time but those boxes cost way more so this one fits my price range”
“Very happy indeed with this grow box. LED is the future of weed grows!”