SuperCombo Grow Box Review
The SuperCombo is a superb combination of two popular grow boxes – the SuperCube and the SuperBox. Perfect for both amateur and professional growers, who like to keep dedicated grow boxes for the two main stages of growth.
Buy LED Grow Lights today
These are trusted partners to delivery Best LED Grow Lights worldwide.
The SuperBox is perfect for vegetating and the SuperCube is perfect for flowering.
- Fully automated;
- Fully assembled;
- 10 gallon reservoirs;
- Custom-built in California, and has a discreet, sleek design;
- Secure – comes with a locking mechanism for both cabinets;
- Air tight, light tight and quiet.
Build quality, size yield, security
Cabinet 1 – 36″ x 24″ x 42″
Cabinet 2 – 18″ x 24″ x 30″
Flower up to 16 x 3ft tall plants while continuously vegetating, germinating and cloning.
Lights, ballasts, control and power
The SuperCube comes with a 400W full spectrum HPS bulb as part of the Lumatek SuperCool Lighting System, giving you full control and maximum light penetration.
It is professionally air-cooled with two high performance fans that pull cool air into the tube and across the bulb, keeping the temperature levels safe for both you and your plants. You can position the bulb closer to your plants than with a non-air cooled system.
The light is set on easy to adjust yo-yo’s so you can adjust the height of the lights over your canopy as it flourishes.
The lighting system is powered by the industry-leading digital ballast from Lumatek. This efficient ballast uses up to 20% less energy and you won’t have to worry about power surges anymore.
The SuperBox comes with a 200W Feliz Grow Lamp, as standard. This fluorescent light is the perfect spectrum for vegetating plants and can also be hung very close to your plants for maximum absorption of the 10,000 lumens it provides.
Both cabinets come with highly-reflective panels on the inside. These panels are magnetic so can be removed and re-adjusted according to your plants’ growth, ensuring you waste no lumens unnecessarily. They are also easy to clean and mold-repellent.
With the SuperCombo, you receive 2 Belkin power strips as standard, one is a 6 socket and the other, a 10 socket.
The SuperCube also comes with a GFCI Shock Buster – an extremely important piece of equipment to have when dealing with water and electricity in close proximity. It prevents electrical malfunctions by shutting off the electrical supply to your Grow Box of a power surge is detected.
Air movement, air filtration, heat and odor control
Both the SuperCube and the SuperBox come with the following:Both the SuperCube and the SuperBox come with the following:
- An activated carbon filter made by Odorsok. This filter ensures that your unit is 100% odor-free and lasts for 2 years before it needs changing, which is easy to do.
- A 4 ½ inch internal circulation fan with two settings, providing 100 and 160 Cubic Feet Per Minute (CFM) of airflow for your plants. This airflow is vital as it recreates a natural breeze for your plants and ensures the stems grow thick and strong and can support a lush canopy without struggling, as well as increasing your yield potential.
The SuperPonics system significantly increases your growing time and yield amount by using both a water pump and an air pump:
The water pumps push 132 and 185-Gallons per hour through your system and have magnetic and oil-free rotors. They are robust, boasting high quality bearings and ceramic shafts, which also mean that they are super quiet, keeping in line with the stealth aspect of the SuperCombo.
The air pumps are the Eco Air 2 (2 outlets) and 4 (4 outlets), which keep the nutrient-rich solution oxygenated – an absolutely crucial necessity for your plants to flourish. They have variable control and plug straight into your timers for full automation.
Hydroponics system – how does it work?
The SuperCombo provides you with two designated cabinets – one for vegetation and one for flowering, allowing for you to sustain a full cycle system continuously. You simply place your seeds or clones into the SuperCloner in the SuperBox and move over to the Flowering chamber in the SuperCube when ready.
The SuperCombo uses one 8-plant SuperPonics system and one 16-plant SuperPonics system, for the fastest-growing and healthiest plants.
The SuperPonics system is a fully-automated watering system, using 4 proven watering methods (Deep Water Culture, Top Feed, Aeroponics and Bubbleponics) as well as both a water pump and an air pump. It is easy to set up and allows for a 2-5x better rate of growth than any single method system.
The use of both a water pump and an air pump means that if one system were to fail, your plants have a much better chance of survival as one system would be able to partially compensate for the other.
For an even more accelerated rate of growth, you can add the optional CO2 package, which can also increase you yield by up to 30%.
Nutrients + extras
The SuperCombo comes with the following extras for both cabinets:
- Nutrient Starter Kit by Technaflora – this comprehensive starter program has been created by the experts at Technaflora and contains everything you need to give your plants the best nutrition possible.The kit can last up to 2 months and comes with the following:
- B.C. Bloom;
- B.C. Boost;
- B.C. Grow;
- Thrive Alive B-1 Red;
- Thrive Alive B-1 Green;
- Awesome Blossoms;
- Rootech Cloning Gel;
- ROOT 66.
- This starter kit also comes with a feeding schedule, detailing exactly how to mix and administer your nutrients and how often you need to feed your plants.
- Measuring cup – Ensures you are giving your plants the perfect amount of nutrients.
- General Hydroponics pH Control Kit –Regularly checking the pH of your system is one of the most crucial parts of producing healthy plants. The SuperCube comes with a pH control kit by General Hydroponics which includes:
- 8 ounces of pH Up;
- 8 ounces of pH Down;
- pH indicator solution;
- a testing vial;
- a dropper.
- It also comes with a color-coded chart for easy identification of pH levels.
- TDS Meter by TDS-EZ – Made from strong and durable plastic, this important piece of equipment comes with an easy-to-read large LCD screen and has a color-coded chart on the back. This chart explains the TDS values, so you can easily interpret the data from your meter and always know the amount of nutrients in your system.
- Analog Timer – A crucial piece of equipment for automating the on/off cycle of the lights, exhaust fan and internal circulation fan. It is user-friendly, and once it is set up, you can leave your cabinet for days without worry.
- Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer – It is important to know what the temperature and humidity levels are inside your unit are and this reliable meter will tell you. It provides accurate readings, has a clock and alarm function, uses both 12 and 24 hour modes and comes with a waterproof temperature probe.
- <imgtitle=”RockwoolCubes SuperCombo” alt=”RockwoolCubes super combo” src=”http://howtogrowmarijuana.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/supercombo/RockwoolCubes super combo.jpeg” />
Rockwool Cubes – Perfect for beginning plants with the Supermini Cloner. Made from melted and spun rock, these cubes provide a solid foundation for your new roots to bed into. When your plants are ready, you simply transfer them to the clayrocks in the SuperPonics System.
- <imgtitle=”Claygrow Rocks SuperCombo” alt=”claygrow rocks – super combo” src=”http://howtogrowmarijuana.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/supercombo/claygrow rocks – super combo.jpeg” />
Clay Grow Rocks – The perfect material for providing your flowering plants with a solid foundation, while allowing for perfect drainage.
- Dutch Master Replicator Cloning Gel – Professional strength and ready to use, this product helps your clones to take root quickly and significantly increases the chances of your clones becoming healthy adult plants. Simply take a cutting at a 45-degree angle, dip it into the gel for 30 seconds and place it into the Rockwool cubes in the Supermini Cloner.
- An instructional DVD is also included to help beginners to growing or those new to the system.
The SuperCombo comes with a 3 year warranty as well as lifetime customer support from our experts.
Technaflora Supernutrient Upgrade Kit – A larger supply of the essential nutrients your plants need. Comes with a comprehensive nutrient program.
200W Feliz Cool Spectrum Vegetating Grow Lamp – the perfect complement for your warm spectrum Feliz lamp.
The standard bulb provided is a great all-round bulb and will get you brilliant results by itself. However, for an extra boost, this cool spectrum bulb uses the most ideal color spectrum for vegetative stages.
400W Metal Halide (MH) bulb – a high intensity discharge quartz MH bulb with an output of 33,100 lumens . It is perfect for the vegetative stage of your plants’ lifecyle and makes a great addition for the 400W HPS bulb.
Procyon 100 – Reduces light operating costs by up to 70% and has a 50,000-hour lifespan so is super low maintenance.
Includes the following:
- 56 CREE* Xlamp high power LEDs (40 red, 16 blue);
- 100W nominal LED power;
- Measures 13.5″ x 5″ x 5″, weighs 7lbs;
- 125W total power consumption;
- Integrated power supply so requires does not require a ballast;
- Built in cooling fan;
- Replaces a 400W HID light, providing up to a 75% saving on power;
- Covers +/- 10sq feet;
- 50,000+ hour LED life;
- Made in the USA.
CO2 Regulator Kit – Comes with a solenoid, regulator, timer and injection tubing. This kit can increase your yield by up to 50%. Easy to use, it comes with a DVD to take you through the set-up step by step.
CO2 Boost kit – A super easy-to-use plug in and pump CO2 injection for your plants. Can provide your plants with CO2 everyday for 90 days if applied correctly. It’s a brilliant and safe alternative to using a tank system.
Total Germination Package – Use this kit to ensure that every seed flourishes and makes it through to harvest.
It includes everything you need to maximise your chances of success. The kit includes:
- Humidity dome;
- Seedlings heat mat;
- Heat mat thermostat;
- Rockwool cubes (medium).
Reverse Osmosis Filter – This hydroponics-customized filter produces up to 200 GPD (gallons per day) of contaminant-free, low PPM water. Removes 98% of chlorine and other contaminants that can jeopardise the health of your plants.
Uses around 25% less water than other reverse osmosis systems and includes everything you need to set up quickly:
- 4-stage RO Unit;
- 2 RO Membranes;
- Carbon Filter;
- Cleanable sediment filter;
- Automatic shut-off filter;
- Automatic shut-off cartridge;
- Wall-mounted metal bracket;
- Garden hose connector;
- In-line shut off;
- 8-foot RO and drain line;
- 5-foot inlet line;
- Filter wrench;
- Measures 16.5’’ x 14’’ and weighs 9.8lbs. Comes with a limited 1-year warranty.
24-7 Nutrient Meter by Control Wizard Products – a great all-round meter for the optimal application of nutrients that require that extra attention. It measures PPM, pH and temperature. The easy-to-read screen is large and can be read from a distance. It’s easy to calibrate using the screws on the front. Comes with a 6 month limited warranty.
Amethyst Grow Goggles by Growgles –
Reduces sodium glare (red/orange) and protects from UV and IR.
Ozonator – This useful piece of equipment provides a clean environment within your cabinet. Sufficient quantities of Ozone can oxidize and destroy nasty build-ups of harmful bacteria – the Ozonator keeps these build-ups at bay.
What people are saying about the SuperCombo Grow System
“I wanted two separate boxes – one that would be for flowering and one that would be for vegging. This is just perfect for my needs and it cuts down on my the time between cycles as I have plants constantly flowering.”