SuperCube Grow Box Review
Why the SuperCube Grow Box?
The SuperCube Grow Box is the ideal, single-chamber set up for growers who are tight on space or on a budget. This fully-automated, fully-assembled grow box produces up to 16 plants with a potential growth height of 3 feet.
Consider the Super Flower 3.0 Grow Cabinet by SuperCloset
Buy LED Grow Lights today
These are trusted partners to delivery Best LED Grow Lights worldwide.
This custom-made, powder-coated sleek grow box measures 42’’ x 36’’ x 24’’, so is compact enough to fit into small spaces. It is a triple-locking, secure and quiet unit.
- Produces up to 16 plants;
- Uses a dimmable 400W HPS SuperCoolLumatek full spectrum light with a digital ballast;
- Comes with the SuperPonics system, which uses both an air and a water pump for maximum reliability and optimal oxygenation and waterflow;
- Has a 10 gallon reservoir;
- Fully-adjustable internal circulation fan;
- Accommodates soil;
- Optional CO2 boost;
- Built and assembled at a state of the art facility in California and comes with a 3-year warranty as well as lifetime customer support from highly qualified experts.
Build quality, size, yield and security
Measuring 42″ x 36″ x 24″, this Grow Box is super-compact and fits into the smallest of spaces. It is made from 16-18 gauge steel and is powder-coated in black for a sleek, tidy look.
Though compact, this Grow Box accommodates up to 16 plants that can reach a potential height of 3 feet. It has a triple-locking mechanism for maximum security and is both air and light-tight.
The removable controls for the unit are situated on the back of the unit in line with the stealth appearance of the unit.
Lights, ballasts, control and power
The SuperCube uses a 400W High Pressure Sodium (HPS) SuperCool Lumatek dimmable, full spectrum light – an air-cooled grow light with a digital ballast that also features ‘Smart Volt’ and works on both 120 and 240 volts. You have complete control over the amount of light your plants receive. The light is set on easy to adjust yo-yo’s so you can continually adjust the height of the lights over your canopy. The lighting system uses a 6” tempered glass light tube plus reflector, further ensuring your lighting is always the ideal height above your canopy.
Thanks to the efficient ballasts this system uses, you can expect to use up to 20% less energy and you won’t have to worry about power surges anymore. The SuperCube runs on a standard 110 volt outlet using a single plug.
A SunliftTM reflector suspension system makes for easy adjustment of the hood height. This system works with tension strings that securely hold the position of the hood in place. A pair of Sunlifts can support 22lbs .
Inside the unit are magnetic, mold-repellent reflectors. These are removable for both easy cleaning and re-positioning so you don’t lose precious lumens.
The 120 volt power cord provided with the SuperCube is 8ft long.
The SuperCube also comes with a GFCI Shock Buster. This is an extremely important piece of equipment to have when dealing with water and electricity in close proximity. It prevents electrical malfunctions by shutting off the electrical supply to your Grow Box of a power surge is detected.
Air Movement, air filtration, heat and odor control
The unit is both light and odor tight. It comes with an activated carbon filter made by Odorsok. This filter ensures that your unit is 100% odor-free and lasts a good 2 years before it needs changing, which is easy to do.
The 4 ½ inch internal circulation fan has two settings, and provides 100 and 160 Cubic Feet Per minute (CFM) of airflow for your plants. This airflow is crucial as it recreates a natural breeze for your plants that ensures the stems grow thick and strong and can support a lush canopy without struggling as well as increasing your yield potential. It is a quiet fan, enhancing the stealth aspect of your Grow Box.
The fan is fully-adjustable so not plant in your Grow Box needs to go unattended – no need to have any more dying plants in the corners of your unit as this fan can reach every part of it.
An optional CO2 Package is easily integrated and not only makes your plants grow faster, it also can increase your yields by 20-50%.
Hydroponic system – how does it work?
The SuperCube is a single chamber unit, meaning that the vegetative/cloning cycles and the flowering/harvesting cycles take place within the same space. It comes with a 10-gallon reservoir and uses the SuperPonics system.
The SuperPonics system is a fully-automated watering system, using 4 proven watering methods (Deep Water Culture, Top Feed, Aeroponics and Bubbleponics) as well as both a water pump and an air pump. It is easy to set up and allows for a 2-5x better rate of growth than any single method system. The use of both a water pump and an air pump means that if one system were to fail, your plants have a much better chance of survival as one system would be able to partially compensate for the other.
Air Pump – The air pump is the Eco Air 2 – an ideal pump for keeping your nutrient solution oxygenated, which is crucial for ensuring your plants thrive. The variable output feature means you can adjust how much air your plants get. It is powerful and durable while still being extremely quiet.
Water Pump – The water pump for the SuperPonics system is a 185 gallon per hour pump with an oil-free, magnetic rotor. This crucial component constantly circulates fresh water, keeping your plants healthy and happy. It is quiet and reliable thanks to high quality bearings and a ceramic shaft. All you need to do is hook it up to your timer and you’re set.
This Grow Box comes with the Supermini cloner. You simply add seedlings or clones to this and when ready, move your plants to the SuperPonics system. With this system, you can continually vegetate, flower and harvest.
An adjustable net trellis supports your plants as they grow, and improve your plants’ growth by up to 40%.
It is an incredibly low-maintenance system that you can fully automate. Requires minimal cleaning only – you won’t have to deal with any clogged drippers or dead plant matter.
Nutrients and extras
Your SuperCube comes with all of the following as standard:
- Nutrient Starter Kit by Technaflora – this comprehensive starter program has been created by the experts at Technaflora and contains everything you need to give your plants the best nutrition possible. The kit can last up to 2 months and comes with the following:
- B.C. Bloom;
- B.C. Boost;
- B.C. Grow;
- Thrive Alive B-1 Red;
- Thrive Alive B-1 Green;
- Awesome Blossoms;
- Rootech Cloning Gel;
- ROOT 66.
This starter kit also comes with a feeding schedule, detailing exactly how to mix and administer your nutrients and how often you need to feed your plants.
- Measuring cup – Ensures you are giving your plants the perfect amount of nutrients.
- General Hydroponics pH Control Kit –Regularly checking the pH of your system is one of the most crucial parts of producing healthy plants. The SuperCube comes with a pH control kit by General Hydroponics which includes:
- 8 ounces of pH Up;
- 8 ounces of pH Down;
- pH indicator solution;
- a testing vial;
- a dropper.
It also comes with a color-coded chart for easy identification of pH levels.
- TDS Meter by TDS-EZ – Made from strong and durable plastic, this important piece of equipment comes with an easy-to-read large LCD screen and has a color-coded chart on the back. This chart explains the TDS values, so you can easily interpret the data from your meter and always know the amount of nutrients in your system.
- Analog Timer – A crucial piece of equipment for automating the on/off cycle of the lights, exhaust fan and internal circulation fan. It is user-friendly, and once it is set up, you can leave your cabinet for days without worry.
- Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer – It is important to know what the temperature and humidity levels are inside your unit are and this reliable meter will tell you. It provides accurate readings, has a clock and alarm function, uses both 12 and 24 hour modes and comes with a waterproof temperature probe.
- Rockwool Cubes – Perfect for beginning plants with the Supermini Cloner. Made from melted and spun rock, these cubes provide a solid foundation for your new roots to bed into. When your plants are ready, you simply transfer them to the clayrocks in the SuperPonics System.
- Clay Grow Rocks – The perfect material for providing your flowering plants with a solid foundation, while allowing for perfect drainage.
- Dutch Master Replicator Cloning Gel – Professional strength and ready to use, this product helps your clones to take root quickly and significantly increases the chances of your clones becoming healthy adult plants. Simply take a cutting at a 45-degree angle, dip it into the gel for 30 seconds and place it into the Rockwool cubes in the Supermini Cloner.
- An instructional DVD is also included to help beginners to growing or those new to the system.
The SuperCube comes with a full 3-year warranty on the whole system, excluding bulbs.
You also get 24/7 lifetime customer support.
- Procyon 100 – Reduces light operating costs by up to 70% and has a 50,000-hour lifespan so is super low maintenance. Includes the following:
- 56 CREE* Xlamp high power LEDs (40 red, 16 blue);
- 100W nominal LED power;
- Measures 13.5″ x 5″ x 5″, weighs 7lbs;
- 125W total power consumption;
- Integrated power supply so requires does not require a ballast;
- Built in cooling fan;
- Replaces a 400W HID light, providing up to a 75% saving on power;
- Covers +/- 10 square feet;
- 50,000+ hour LED life;
- Made in the USA.
- CO2 Regulator Kit – Comes with a solenoid, regulator, timer and injection tubing. This kit can increase your yield by up to 50%. Easy to use, it comes with a DVD to take you through the set-up step by step.
- Reverse Osmosis Filter – This hydroponics-customized filter produces up to 200 GPD (gallons per day) of contaminant-free, low PPM water. Removes 98% of chlorine and other contaminants that can jeopardize the health of your plants.
Uses around 25% less water than other reverse osmosis systems and includes everything you need to set up quickly:
- 4-stage RO Unit;
- 2 RO Membranes;
- Carbon Filter;
- Cleanable sediment filter;
- Automatic shut-off filter;
- Automatic shut-off cartridge;
- Wall-mounted metal bracket;
- Garden hose connector;
- In-line shut off;
- 8-foot RO and drain line;
- 5-foot inlet line;
- Filter wrench;
- Measures 16.5″ x 14″ and weighs 9.8lbs. Comes with a limited 1 year warranty.
- Total Germination Package – Use this kit to ensure that every seed flourishes and makes it through to harvest. It includes everything you need to maximize your chances of success. The kit includes:
- Humidity dome;
- Seedlings heat mat;
- Heat mat thermostat;
- Rockwool cubes (medium).
- 24-7 Nutrient Meter by Control Wizard Products – a great all-round meter for the optimal application of nutrients that require that extra attention. It measures PPM, pH and temperature. The easy-to-read screen is large and can be read from a distance. It’s easy to calibrate using the screws on the front. Comes with a 6 month limited warranty.
- Technaflora Super nutrient Upgrade Kit – A larger supply of the essential nutrients your plants need. Comes with a comprehensive nutrient program.
- CO2 Boost – A super easy-to-use plug in and pump CO2 injection for your plants. Can provide your plants with CO2 everyday for 90 days if applied correctly. It’s a brilliant and safe alternative to using a tank system.
- Amethyst Grow Goggles by Growgles – Reduces sodium glare (red/orange) and protects from UV and IR.
Consider the Super Flower 3.0 Grow Cabinet by SuperCloset
What people are saying about the SuperCube Grow Box
“I am so impressed with how well this product works. Before using the supercube, I used home-made grow boxes and constantly had trouble making them completely odor and light tight. I love the supercube – it was so easy to setup with the simple and clear directions and now my plants grow great! Can’t wait for my first harvest!”
“Easy to use and with high quality components. Very satisfied and happy to be growing my own successfully”
“This system may be expensive, but it’s absolutely worth it.It gives you the peace of mind that if something goes wrong, it’sall covered by the warranty. I’ve already started planning to get another supercube so I can further stagger my flowering cycle.””