SuperBox Hydroponic Grow System Review
The SuperBox is ideal for anyone who requires modest yields or for those who are short on space. This model is also called the ‘5 in 1 – 8 Plant’ and also the SuperBox Grow Closet’.
This Grow box is a fully assembled, fully automated compact hydroponics system that supports both vegetative and flowering stages in one chamber. The conveniently-sized SuperBox comes with everything you need:
- Accommodates 8 plants (can grow to 2 feet tall)
- Includes an air-cooled 200W Feliz Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL), providing an amazing 10,000 lumens
- Uses the SuperPonics hydroponics system
- Accommodates 10 gallons of nutrient-rich solution
- Discreet/stealthy design with a sleek powder-coated look
- Secure (lockable with a key)
Buy LED Grow Lights today
These are trusted partners to delivery Best LED Grow Lights worldwide.
*** Dealzer – SuperBox – (5 in 1 Hydroponics Cabinet) – Trusted support – Best price
*** SuperCloset – SuperBox Grow Closet – 3 year warranty, 7 day a week support and grow DVD – Best price
*** Compare prices and options at the best three retailer online. We recommend Dealzer and SuperCloset because they have fantastic service, stand behind the product with a solid warranty and will know how to help you grow the biggest buds available!
*** Dealzer SuperBox 3.0 Price – Named the Super Box 5 in 1 – 8 Plant Cabinet’
*** SuperCloset SuperBox 3.0 Price – Named the ‘SuperBox Grow Closet’
Build quality, size, yield, security
Measuring 30″ x 18″ x 24″, the small, yet powerful SuperBox fits practically anywhere and can yield up to 4oz per harvest. The 8-plant SuperBox is made from 16 gauge steel and is both light- and odor-tight. It also comes with the controls (removable) on the back to retain the discreet look.
The door locks with a key, for maximum security and safety.
Lights, ballasts, control and power
The SuperBox uses an air-cooled 200W FelizCompact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL) Grow Light, which provides an amazing 10,000
lumens and a full spectrum.
Comes with reflective panels which adhere magnetically to the inside of the grow box. These are mold-resistant and easy to clean by simply removing and wiping down. They can be re-positioned if required for the optimal lumen reflection for your plants they grow taller.
Air movement, air filtration, heat and odor control
The compact SuperBox grow system comes with a fully adjustable internal circulation fan that perfectly replicates the natural breeze your plants need to grow strong and healthy. It measures 4.5’’ and is 2-speed, providing 100 or 160 cfm. The all-important airflow helps your plants to grow strong, thick stems, which help to prevent any sagging under a heavy canopy.
Complete air filtration is provided by the easy-to-clean, industrial-grade OdorSok activated carbon filter, which ensures only clean, fresh air leaves your unit and needs changing only every 2 years or so.
Hydroponic system – How does it work?
The SuperBox is a single chamber system, with the vegetation and flowering taking place in the same space. You can have up to 8 plants blooming at any one time with this compact unit.
The air-cooled 200W Feliz Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL) provides an astounding 10,000 lumens to ensure your plants get the best light to thrive and flourish in.
The Grow Box uses a 10-gallon reservoir with the SuperPonics watering system – a system that combines proven methods of optimal plant hydration. The system uses Deep Water Culture (DWC), Aeroponics, Bubbleponics and Top Feed. These methods combine to provide the ultimate in nutrient and oxygen delivery to your plants, which gives them the best chance to grow big, strong and healthy, resulting in the maximum possible yield.
A net trellis can be adjusted to support your thriving plants as they grow, so that you can reach the maximum height potential.
The SuperPonics system significantly increases your growing time and yield amount by using both a water pump and an air pump.
The water pump used pushes 185-Gallons per hour through your system and has a magnetic and oil-free rotor. It is robust, boasting high quality bearings and a ceramic shaft, which also mean that the pump is super quiet, keeping in line with the stealth aspect of the Grow Closet.
The air pump used is the Eco Air 2, which keeps the nutrient-rich solution oxygenated – an absolutely crucial necessity for your plants to flourish.
It features an adjustable output so you can vary the amount of air your plants get. It is also durable and quiet.
The advantage of using both an air and a water pump simultaneously is not just that your plants will get the optimal amount of oxygenation and fresh water, but also that if one system failed, the other acts as a buffer.
Nutrients and extras
- Technaflora ‘Recipe for Success’ Nutrient Starter Kit – Includes everything you need for the healthiest plants, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned grower.
The kit comes with a handy mixing chart and also includes:
- BC Bloom
- BC Boost
- BC Grow
- Thrive Alive
- B-1 Green
- Awesome Blossoms
- Rootech Cloning Gel
- Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer
This crucial piece of equipment comes with 12 and 24 hour clock settings, an alarm and a waterproof temperature probe so you never have to wonder if the conditions inside your Grow Box are ideal – you’ll know just by looking at the easy-to-read screen.
- General Hydroponics pH Control Kit – Essential for keeping your plants healthy and happy,
this kit includes:
- 8 ounces of pH Up
- 8 ounces of pH Down
- A 1 ounce indicator and vial
- Eco Air 2 Air Pump – This 2-outlet, 6W air pump comes with variable control. It is super quiet yet extremely robust and powerful. Comes with a year’s warranty.
- 132 Gallon per hour (GPH) Water Pump – Works with an oil-free, magnetic rotor. The ceramic shaft and bearings ensure that the pump is reliable and also quiet. All you need to do it hook it up with the timer and you’re set.
- TDS Meter by TDS-EZ – With a large and easy-to-read screen, this durable water purity meter comes with a user-friendly color-coded chart on the back to explain the water purity values, so you can always be assured that your plants are in the best possible environment.
- 6-socket Industrial Power Strip by Belkin – 6 grounded outlets provide safe power and compensate for surges and other electrical faults that can occur from time to time.
- Analog Single Timer – This easy-to-use timer syncs up with the air-cooled lighting system, the internal fan and the exhaust fan. So efficient and reliable that you can set it up and leave your SuperBox for days without worry.
- GFCI Shock Buster – When you’re handling electricity and water in close proximity, this piece of equipment is absolutely essential for eliminating any electrical malfunctions.
- Rockwool Cubes – Made from spun granite, these cubes provide a superb material for your plant roots to anchor onto.
- Claygrow rocks – Provide superb drainage and is also a great material for your plants roots to hold onto after they pass through the rock-wool cubes.
- Measuring Cup – To ensure you are giving your plants exactly what they need in the right quantities.
- Instructional DVD – Beginners to growing need not spend endless hours researching how to set up their Grow Box as this helpful DVD details everything you need to know.
With the SuperBox, you get a full 3-year warranty plus lifetime customer support
- Technaflora Supernutrient Upgrade Kit – A larger supply of the essential nutrients your plants need. Comes with a comprehensive nutrient program.
- 200W Feliz Cool Spectrum Vegetation Grow Lamp – The standard bulb provides great results on its own, but for those who wish to add that bit extra in the vegetative stage, this cool spectrum bulb is ideal.
- CO2 Kit – Comes with a solenoid, regulator, timer and injection tubing. This kit can increase your yield by up to 50%. Easy to use, it comes with a DVD to take you through the set-up step by step.
- Procyon 100 – Reduces light operating costs by up to 70% and has a 50,000-hour lifespan so is super low maintenance. Includes the following:
- 56 CREE* Xlamp high power LEDs (40 red, 16 blue);
- 100W nominal LED power;
- Measures 13.5″ x 5″ x 5″, weighs 7lbs;
- 125W total power consumption;
- Integrated power supply so requires does not require a ballast;
- Built in cooling fan;
- Replaces a 400W HID light, providing up to a 75% saving on power;
- Covers +/- 10 sq feet;
- 50,000+ hour LED life;
- Made in the USA.
- Total Germination Package – Use this kit to ensure that every seed flourishes and makes it through to harvest. It includes everything you need to maximize your chances of success. The kit includes:
- Humidity dome
- Seedlings heat mat
- Heat mat thermostat
- Rockwool cubes (medium)
- Reverse Osmosis Filter – This hydroponics-customized filter produces up to 200 GPD (gallons per day) of contaminant-free, low PPM water. Removes 98% of chlorine and other contaminants that can jeopardize the health of your plants.
- Uses around 25% less water than other reverse osmosis systems and includes everything you need to set up quickly:
- 4-stage RO Unit
- 2 RO Membranes
- Carbon Filter
- Cleanable sediment filter
- Automatic shut-off filter
- Automatic shut-off cartridge
- Wall-mounted metal bracket
- Garden hose connector
- In-line shut off
- 8-foot RO and drain line
- 5-foot inlet line
- Filter wrench
- Measures 16.5’’ x 14’’ and weighs 9.8lbs. Comes with a limited 1 year warranty.
- Amethyst Grow Goggles by Growgles – Reduces sodium glare (red/orange) and protects from UV and IR.
- 24-7 Nutrient Meter by Control Wizard Products – a great all-round meter for the optimal application of nutrients that require that extra attention. It measures PPM, pH and temperature. The easy-to-read screen is large and can be read from a distance. It’s easy to calibrate using the screws on the front. Comes with a 6 month limited warranty.
- Super Source Water Filter – With a base model starting at 4GPM (can be increased, if required), this useful piece of equipment is powerful enough to provide constant flow but gentle enough that it leaves behind the trace minerals your plants need.It uses no back-washing tanks filters so the water flows only upwards, lifting the bed, which keeps it fresh and reduces the chances of any channeling. It’s easy to maintain, wastes no water, can be custom-built for your needs and comes with a full warranty plus a 2-year guarantee.
- CO2 Boost – Simply plug in and increase your plants’ health and size. Lasts up to 90 days, this tank-free application utilizes naturally-occurring elements to produce the ideal amount of CO2 for your Grow Box environment. It’s a safe and easy alternative to the traditional tank application methods.
- Ozonator – This useful piece of equipment provides a clean environment within your cabinet. Sufficient quantities of Ozone can oxidize and destroy nasty build-ups of harmful bacteria – the Ozonator keeps these build-ups at bay.
*** Dealzer SuperBox 3.0 Price – Known as ‘Super Box 5 in 1 Hydroponic Cabinet – 8 Plant’
*** SuperBox 3.0 Price – Known as the ‘SuperBox Grow Closet’
What people are saying about the SuperBox
“This is my first try at hydroponics and the SuperPonics Grow Box was everything I could ask for. For a beginner like myself, it was easy to set up and so easy to use after I had put it all together. I highly recommend this grow box to anyone who is interested in the art of hydroponics!”
“So far, so good. The light is verystrong (200w) even though it’s a mere CFL. The hydroponics system works brilliantly and has exceeded my expectations for it. The box is on the smaller side, which obviously means smaller plants, but I still managed to easily yield a nice amount – more than I had expected to.”
“I bought two SuperBoxes to use in combination with the deluxe 2.0. I used them for my mothers, with two mothers in each box. Works out perfectly for me. I couldn’t ask for more. Super easy to use and it’s reassuring to know that everything is covered for three years with the warranty.”
Buy LED Grow Lights today
These are trusted partners to delivery Best LED Grow Lights worldwide.